Wednesday, July 1, 2009

not so true but crazy story about an organ..

the other day, i was hanging out with a new friend, *Rachel. Rachel is conservative (covered) but a very bubbly and outgoing girl. We talked for a while about what different religions consider sin. Somehow our conversation led to Rachel saying....

"I don't drink because you could be out with a guy you don't really know well and take one drink and the next thing you know you are laying in a bathtub bleeding from your side and he's taken your organ".....

excuse me?

april, my roomie, thought to herself "this must be a metaphor for him taking your heart, a vital organ..." while i thought to myself, "is she talking about rape?"
so i said, "wait i am confused....your organ? like your...... ovaries?"
and she said no and pointed to her back on the side... and i said "your kidneys?!!?"
"yes, your kidneys" said Rachel.
"WHAT?!?!" was the question from both April and I......
"yes he might take your kidney"....
"no way. i don't believe it. does that really happen?!" I asked.
"yes, it does... like rape. it happens.."

so now it's a running joke between a few of us about being careful not to have your kidney stolen and sold on the black market... parents and what they tell their kids to make them avoid drinking..

oh and one thing to make it even funnier... April and I got a new roommate for a couple of months *Elizabeth and she was there for the conversation.. welcome to the 'Bul, roomie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! yes welcome to the bul indeed. hmmm wonder if i could just sell mine for extra cash.

Heather said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus

you need to watch this video...

Michelle said...

Yes, I remember reading something about this awhile ago, that in Turkey and I think Egypt it's a big thing to sell your "unnecessary" organs on the black market, so it doesn't surprise me that date rape drugs would be used to take girls' organs. Craziness, huh? Oh, how this world needs Jesus.

Ginger said...

Don't tell the criminals in Memphis about that one or next thing you know we'll have kidney-stealing gangs roaming the streets! Too funny!