
tonight, i got home from english tea time and right after i walked in, there was a ring at my door... my friend stopped by to drop something off.... and it was...... A DOZEN KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS!!!!!!! ah!
To understand the excitement, first remember that I have only had a doughnut once since I got here almost a year ago.... and that was at the London airport in March... not SUPER fresh, free, and at my DOOR! and... there has been talk about a Krispy Kreme opening up since before I got here, so i wouldn't have been surprised at all if they never opened here...
My friend and her roommates got invited to the VIP pre-opening party (suits/ties/dresses and all)... where they got to eat all they wanted and have all the coffee/lattes they wanted for free and were given 2 dozen on the way out the door... so, it was super kind of her to bring me and April a whole dozen of delicious awesomeness to our door.... April and I split two--chocolate dream and caramel dream....and about 45 minutes later could not resist the temptation anymore and each went back to eat a glazed one.. YUM YUM YUM!
i figure the 45 minutes or so it takes to walk there and the 45 back will work off my donut or two when i go there.. :)

Wednesday, August 19, 2009
krispy kreme is here!!!!
Posted by Brittany Stigall at 6:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay! So exciting! I remember how excited I always was when I'd find new things at the grocery store (multigrain cheerios being one that I remember quite well). Unfortunately, we never got a Krispy Kreme, or even a Starbucks while I was there, but I'm certainly excited for you!
now THAT is a good day.
you have pictures on your blog!!!! love it!
Post a Comment