Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cairo Day 3

Cairo Day 3

we started out  (relatively) early this morning to head to the Pyramids & the Sphinx.... something i have always wanted to see, so I was really anticipating it! It was awesome.. April and I shared a camel ride, which is a bonding experience, but very fun, and especially fun done in Toms (shoes), which we both wore. haha. 

after those, we went to Garbage City, a recycling project in one of the poorest parts of the city. The people there live in extreme poverty, but have been taught how to make all kinds of things out of lots of materials and fabrics. I bought some things because they were awesome and they were supporting the work there. 

after going home to rest for a bit, we headed to the Nile for a sunset cruise.... very beautiful. and then we met up with some more friends at Outback for a DELICIOUS dinner. the 6 of us shared a bloomin' onion and then April and I shared a blue cheese side salad, Alice Spring Chicken Quesadillas (AMAZZZZING!), and a Bloomin' Burger.... i thought I was going to explode because I was so full after but it was worth it. yum! 

Tomorrow= trip to Alexandria!!! yay! 

0 comments: